Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What do Olympians eat?


Unfortunately for people who enjoy eating, daily routines swimmer Michael Phelps that includes intake 12,000 calories is not true. How truly professional athletes calories a day and what they eat?

"I have never eaten so much, it's impossible," Phelps said in an interview with Ryan Sikrestom.

The average professional athlete day 6000 bring up to 10,000 calories in 6 meals a day.

Turkish wrestler Elif Jale Jesilirmak keeps diet from 3,000 calories a day.

"Instead of meat, I eat mostly salmon. I believe that the fish is considerably healthier and more nutritious than meat. I’m drinkinking plenty of water, a minimum of 5 liters a day. "

Canadian sprinter Dylan Armstrong brings a staggering 9000 calories a day.

"I love salmon. Of course, I eat a lot of beef and chicken as the efforts of my diet should contain plenty of protein and few carbohydrates. I eat five to six times a day. I like to have lots of small meals throughout the day. "

American swimmer Jessica Hardy maintains its form long training and a small, but frequent, meals. "It always pays to invest a little more money into health food."

However, there are athletes like seventy year old rider Hiroshi Hoketsu whose diet is quite different from many of today's athletes.

"I eat what I want when I want. I think I was born very lucky when it comes to food. You do not even fatter, even exaggerating the food. My weight and structure have not changed since I graduated so I'm pretty easy with the food. I do not care much about what I eat and drink. "

However, many of us spend hours practicing every day to burn all those calories and strengthen muscles. We are happy if we have a salad with our meal and if you get to walk a bit during the day.
 

Total Pageviews